Using the bubble sketch method described in class today (slides), develop a floor plan for a house of your own design. Follow the principles given in the doc Elements of a Good Floor Plan.
- At least 2 bedrooms
- At least 2 bathrooms, with at least one “full bath” (including appropriate fixtures – sink, toilet, etc.)
- Kitchen (with appliances)
- Living Room
- Appropriate windows & doors
- Dining area
- Laundry room
Deliverables (2 items): Take a photo of each of the following and put in your portfolio folder:
- Hand-drawn bubble diagram. Label it “Bubble Diagram”
- Hand-drawn floor plan based on the bubble diagram. Label it “Floor Plan Sketch”
Assignment is due on Tuesday, Sep 11.
We will continue to build on this assignment incrementally.
Research, prepare and present a 2-3 minute elevator pitch on a field of architecture and engineering that interests you. Explain what it is, and why it interests you. Sell me on why this is the “best” field to go into.
… You of course know that I’m already biased toward one particular field of engineering, but don’t let that affect your presentation (LOL)
Your pitch will be presented on Friday, 8/31