If you’re a returning parent, you likely have missed *cough, cough* my Monday morning updates. 😉 Those will begin August 6th but for parents seeking information about the start of the year, I thought I’d get some information on my blog now. I am, again, at the point in my summer where the joy I take in the quietness of not having 800+ students and 100 adults around me every day has worn off and I’m looking forward to the ENERGY returning to South soon. Now wait…I don’t mean drop your child off on Monday! Waiting until August 23rd is the plan and until then, here are a few nice-to-know items for you to digest:
- Schedules – You can access on Aug 13 if…
- You have completed online registration for your child, and
- you have paid your fees or completed the fee waiver form.
- If you get an error message on August 13 when logging in to PowerSchool, you have not completed one or both of the steps above (please note it takes 24-48 business hours from completing registration to accessing your child’s schedule online).
- New to Waukee? So far, we have over 30 new to Waukee students joining us from as far away as Maryland, Florida and California and as close as West Des Moines. You will need to get your access ID and password for PowerSchool. Please talk to one of our secretaries (Sheila or Teresa) and they can help you navigate PowerSchool. Call 515.987.3222 or stop in to South to begin. Also complete our New to Waukee survey form.
- School Supplies – If you ordered your child(ren)’s school supplies through the PTO, the supply box will be delivered to your child’s Advisory classroom before Open House. If you are getting your supplies on your own, find our school supply list online.
- Bus routes will be shared with families via email the week prior to school.
- Begin to study drop-off and pick-up procedures found on our blog. If everyone follows the procedures online, it really goes quite well! Quiz will be given to parents on the first day so study up!
- Would you be willing to help us provide dinner for our teachers on Aug 30th during our first parent night? Please consider helping by signing up on our Sign Up Genius website.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to students coming back to school beginning August 23rd!