Opportunity for supervised work experience related to the major academic interests of students in an approved business setting. Students are guided by coordinated efforts of the employer/supervisor and the instructor. DMACC Credits: 3
During this course, the student will be expected to:
1. Use effective workplace communication skills with individuals and/or in group settings.
2. Understand personal management skills needed for a specific profession or occupation.
3. Acquire and apply self-knowledge to understand one’s abilities, strengths, interests, skills, and talents as seen by self and others.
4. Demonstrate employability and career development skills.
5. Understand the importance of a professional image in the workplace.
6. Meet established criteria of the occupational work experience.