Learn how to effectively prevent and respond to water emergencies. Our courses are designed to arm you with the skills and knowledge to prepare you for a variety of scenarios in and around the water. You will learn how to quickly respond to emergencies both in the water and on land. You will also be trained on drowning and injury prevention, so you can better help those in need. Lifeguard certification classes require an online course to be completed prior to the classroom sessions.
The Playhouse’s mission is to partner with volunteers to create and deliver extraordinary theatre and education programs for communities in Central Iowa through high-quality entertainment with special emphasis on issues of social significance; programs which allow for the development of individual self-expression and self-esteem; and programs which identify and encourage individuals to pursue professional theatre development.
Choir groups for all ages kindergarten through high school. Multiple sites and night options to make participation convenient for your family. Rehearsals begin September 10.
- Practices held at Valley High School
- Award-winning coaching staff led by Greg Temple & Eric Crawford
- Call now to sign up for a no-obligation 2 week trial!
Registrations accepted until all roster spots are filled
- 8U eligible (8 years old or younger on 12/31/18)
- 10U eligible (9 or 10 years old or younger on 12/31/18)
- 12U eligible (11 or 12 years old or younger on 12/31/18)
- 14U, 16U, 18U (13 or younger on 12/31/18)
What: Join the excitement of a true cross-country experience! Participants will run a one-mile course on the grounds of Eason Elementary School. The top three place winners in each grade level receive a medal and all runners receive a ribbon. A traveling trophy is awarded to the elementary school with the top finishers. Spectators are encouraged to line the course and cheer for all of the runners. This event is open to all third through seventh grade students attending Waukee Schools.
When: Monday, October 1, times vary (rain date Oct. 2)
Where: Eason Elementary green space
For more details, please click HERE.
Date: Saturday, October 13
Location: Waukee High School
Showcase Details: Doors will open at 7:00am with the performances beginning at 8:30am. Check in will be from 7-8am.
Cost: $15 per registered routine, $5 entrance fee for all non-dancers
Music: Routines should be between 1:30 and 2:00 minutes, please bring dancer’s cut music either on a CD or on a phone
- Canto: 1st-2nd September 6 & 13 5:45-6:40 pm
- Cantilena: 3rd– 4th September 6 & 13 6:45-7:45 pm
- Chanté: 5th-7th September 11& 18 6:30-8:00 pm
- Cantemus: 6th-8th September 10 & 17 6:15-8:15 pm
- Chamber: 9th-12th September 9 & 23 2:00-5:00 pm
All rehearsals will take place in the choir rehearsal room 113.1
(lower level) at Windsor Heights Lutheran Church, 1240 66th St, Windsor Heights